Habits, Good and Bad


Hey everyone! Hope you had a great weekend! I wanna talk about habits today. It's good to take stock of the things you do regularly and assess if they're healthy for you!

Some stuff I'm proud of: 

I'm up at 5:30 am every day except on Mondays, which are my off/cheat days. I know, this one is a killer, right? I think another good habit is I don't really go to bars or party much. Ivy, the kinda nerdy friend I mentioned from last post, she's up gaming and stuff past midnight and is always getting wired on caffeine to get through the day. No negativity meant towards her, but when you've got a steady exercise routine, it really focuses you and irons out the kinks in your schedule!

 Speaking of caffeine, one cup of coffee a day for me, max, or a pre-workout shake with some caffeine in it. I'm not hooked on it and I don't want to be! 

I drink a fresh veggie smoothie every day. No, it does not taste great, but that's because it's healthy, right? It's a healthy habit, but take some of those gas pills for the aftermath, ladies. Trust me. 

What else...I stretch every morning, without fail. Full body treatment. It can get boring and repetitive, but it's so important to stay limber and flexible! 

I also try and limit my screen time. I leave my phone in a drawer when I'm working on things, and I never spend more than half an hour a day on social media. It helps me find more actually useful time in my day! I know this is another tough one for people, but think of it this way; the stuff you do off your phone is what makes you interesting ON social media!


Some not so great habits of mine:

Cracking my joints! I don't know what it is, but the feeling is soooo addictive, especially when I'm feeling sore! 

Washing my hair. I rock a short hairstyle, so you'd think it'd be easy enough for me to shampoo it, but since I shower at the gym a lot I usually end up just scrubbing down my body. I enter the dreaded Greasy Zone every once and a while and need to see to a good scrubbing ASAP.

 Keeping up with my wardrobe. My body type can be in a little bit of flux; I gain muscle here, sometimes a bit of weight there. I will be absolutely stretching my exercise clothes before I cave and order new ones. Maybe one day I'll share my most spectacular gym wardrobe malfunctions with you all... 

Doing the laundry. I'm a gym rat. You can really tell when I skip a laundry day. Enough said for now. 

We all have our little foibles, and growth means recognizing them and either making peace with them or addressing them! I hope this list gives you the confidence to look at yourself honestly, too! Love you all, have a great one! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Birthday Resolutions, Tough Choices, and Body Issues

Uncertainty, Self-Acceptance, and Companionship

Okay, let's try this for real!