Don't Worry, This Won't be a Numbers Blog!
So, my best raw bench press so far is 410 lbs. I only take one rest day. I spend a day completely on cardio, which is unorthadox for a primary weight lifter. Hooray for me, right? I'm not here to coach you about the specifics I do during my weekly routine, because you shouldn't be comparing yourself to me! Make sure you buy a weightlifting belt and consult a personal trainer or one of the many online resources about gym routines and pick something that you can actually manage to start! I was gangly when I first started lifting, and I wasn't lifting heavy for a while!
I want the workout posts for this blog to be more about good vibes and encouragement than another site that spits out numbers and hard-and-fast workout routines. Which brings me to the most important muscle you need to develop if you want to get into better shape; your motivation. If you hate going to the gym, then a six day workout routine is never going to work for you no matter how much you want abs. You've got to love your routine, which means starting slow and seeing what you can tolerate! If you're completely new, see what you can lift or run or bike and strive to make that number go up a bit over the next month. Then, if you're feeling good, add more kinds of exercises to work on! Your gym routine will grow naturally from there.
Now, if you'll excuse me, it's cardio day! I'm going to hit the track! How much am I running? Who cares? Think about how much you want to run, instead! Not feeling up for it? Get out and take a walk, anything to get that blood pumping! The brisk autumn air is wonderful, and if you fall in love with it like I have, that's a huge step in the right direction!
Best of luck and talk to you all soon! I know you've got this!

Comments
Post a Comment